What quality do you want in an SLP for your child and you?
I was reviewing a blog by Erik Raj where he discussed this question. Here is a list from my notes taken from his blog and video. For full details visit his site.
Choice Qualities listed below.
1. Encouragement Let's clients take risk to try
2. Patience Helps build trust
3. Humor Laughter heals self and others
4. Self Awareness Increases growth
5. Imagination Allows creativity
6. Empathy Perspective taking
7. Organized Prepared to work
8. Humble* (I added) Willing to learn
Beware of consequences for your child, if you do nothing to help your child's speech and language.
It's spooky how long it can take to correct speech and language errors the longer you wait.
Why do witches wear name tags? So you know Which Witch is which? Learning figurative language is critical for advancing both receptive and expressive language skills.